Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Review Forsworn by Emily Wibberley (The Last Oracle Series)

Clio can see the future, but what she doesn’t know about her past could destroy her. 

It’s been a year since Clio made her sacrifice to the Deities and embraced her destiny as the Oracle to save her people.

The only family she has left is a brother who wants her dead.

The prince, her oldest friend, is a king with his own agenda.

And the man who once loved her, now hates her.

All she can do is try to forget about Riece, the enemy commander whose heart she broke to save his life, as she serves the Deities. Her days are filled with Visions and bloodshed in a never-ending war against the Untouched. To add to her problems, she must pose as King Derik’s mistress to conceal her forbidden powers from the Emperor’s spies.

When Riece unexpectedly returns to Sheehan with a new and beautiful ally, Clio knows she must put him out of her mind once and for all, but first, they are thrust together into battle against a mysterious Untouched warrior with otherworldly power. To reclaim her city, she must team up with the man she hurt, the man she still loves but can never be with, and finally confront the questions about her origin—questions with answers that Clio may not be prepared to face.


Add to Goodreads here



My Review and Thoughts


                 "Sometimes I look at you, and I still see my Clio. But I have to remind myself                                                     that she was never real -only made up of your lies."

Lets take a moment to appreciate that cover!!! Love the badass chic warrior on it and it sure does represent Clio, our leading lady to the fullest in this story!

Now, this is one of my favorite series of 2015 from the debut Author Emily Wibberley. I was honored to receive book two for my honest review. (Thank you!) If you haven't read book one here is my review Here

Clio's story continues in book two. She is now the Oracle, a wanted person for sacrificing in the city of Morek and is the mistress/advisory/Warrior to King Derik. Riece has become Commander of his city once again, Morek, and is on his own mission - away from Clio. (Book one Clio left Riece - tragic)

"The Untouched follow me, but as you've no doubt noticed by my remarkable powers of articulation. I am not one of them. My name is Daizon." 

The Untouch still reek havoc in their cities but this time it is with the aid of a Diety. Clio is branded by an unknown mark, threatening her visions. Before she knows it, it is to late and the city is no longer protected. Seeking the help of Riece, Clio is determined to avenge her city. BUT it is not that easy with an almighty Dieties threatening her way, hiding from the Emperor, AND putting up with Riece's betrothed. (Yes I said it!! <-- be ready ladies)

"And now we'll die together, executed side by side on the pyramid where we first met. I suppose the ending is rather fitting."


Why I still LOVE this series:

-The action is non stop! It's always moving and throwing in different obstacles making this story a quick one to read. The twist that Ms Wibberley threw in here - building up for book three is pretty epic. I can't wait to see what the future has for Clio. 

-It leaves lasting thoughts. You know some books that you think about after their done with about a week ago and still thinking of them? That is this story! 

-Riece and Clio's chemistry is one of my favorites to read. I love Riece! He is still the wise ass, over protective warrior. I must admit, I wanted to strangle him the first half of the story but he came back around. If you want a swoon worthy character - look no further, Riece is everything!

"Riece sat up, rubbing his neck where her blade had been. "Maybe you should, I don't know, look before you tear someone's throat out?"

-Clio! Clio comes out with full vengeance in this book. She is no longer frail or soft. NO. Dressed in armor, daggers,and has a three vessels that are just as fierce as she is, Clio is entertaining and taking names. 

-It's not a cliche of Fantasy! It's in its own world with re-freshen characters. If you like kick ass females -  this is the book for you!  

"The Oracle must pair with a Deity. He gives her more children capable of bearing Sight."


Cliffhanger Warning - There is a book three in the works!! 
Highly recommended read









[Share to Pinterest]

No comments:

Post a Comment